I always enjoy my 'Rolling Stone'

magazines, but the lastest one (U2 on the cover), that came all taped up, with an apology from the USPS, was especially good, with articles on my fav author, Steven King, (The Stand, Stand By Me, The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption, The Dark Tower series, Dumas Key, etc) and one of my fav actors, Bill Murray, as well as stories about Pink FLoyd, Jerry Lee Lewis, Neil Young and Bob Seger, among others. There is also a great article on the HUGE financial mess in the state of Kansas, after the Tea Party darling, Sam Brownback(R), wrecked the economy with his conservative ideas.
 I had forgotten how good Bill Murray is until I saw 'St Vincent' the other day, where Bill gets paid for just being Bill. Some people think he's a great actor, but I think he doesn't act at all. The Steven King article had many insights into his life, his views on politics and religion, his vices and how/why he writes so much. I had no idea we had so much in common, except for the 'talent' stuff. He can't stand Repubs either and wonders if there is a God, hoping there is, but seeing no evidence.
PS. Someone at the post office spent a BUNCH of time straightening out and taping up a BUNCH of pages. I hope he/she enjoyed the articles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?