Was thinking, this morning,


while I did the vacuuming, with my I-pod blasting my fav's, about this whole liberal and conservative thing. Most who know me would consider me a liberal, but where did those labels come from? In my life, I am very conservative. When it came to building, I never did spec houses unless I was sure of the market, and as a result never went broke, like many non-conservative builders, but never got very big, either. As far as investing, I've taken a few flyers, like underwater treasure hunts and plastic shoes and have won some and lost some, BUT, my core investing has been VERY conservative, and therefore still have most of it left. Concerning family values, I am VERY conservative, and consider my family the cornerstone of my life. I conservatively think we should all be able to own firearms, (except assault rifles), and that convicted criminals that deserve it, (from a jury), should be executed. I passionately love my country, and that's why I get SO upset when people like Bush/Cheney manipulate the ignorant, naive masses for their own gain. I will liberally pour you a cocktail, but, screw the labels, I am basically conservative, for what it's worth, but NOT with the current labeling system.

Comments

ladyj said…
Defining Principles of Conservative:
1) Belief in Natural Law
2) Belief in Established Institutions
3) Preference for liberty over equality
4) Suspicion of power and of human nature.
5)Belief in exceptionalism
6) Belief in the individual.
Anonymous said…
One of your best "polital" posts ever. I usually just skim them, but this one was worth reader, and really got me thinking...
-hb-

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?