SO close,

but Zenyatta came in second by about 8-10". Was too far behind, jogging behind, for too long. Finally made her move, but had to weave through the pack, and came in a close 2nd, to 'Blame', who will be 'horse of the year'. I actually had 5 different bets on the race, and would have done real well if she had been first, but won my 'place' and 'show' bets. Really sad that she lost her legacy by less than a foot, in a mile and a quarter race. The good news? I didn't put all my money on win tickets. like I was tempted to do, and made enough for a nice evening on the town. Still, she'll go down in history as probably the best female racehorse of all time. Too bad her jockey let her jog for so long....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?