The more I read about

Mormons, who regularly 'speak with God', I realize how many different religions, also regularly 'speak with God', but He obviously tells them totally different things. Why does God do that?  Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Mormons and Evangelicals, as well as many other cults/sects all hear what they want to hear, and are absolutely SURE they have the 'one and only' true religion and everyone else is WRONG. If you don't believe it, just ask one of them. What would this suggest to a reasonable human being? (Though religious fanatics don't fall within this group.) I have had it explained to me, more than once by one fanatic, that to understand his religion, I had to 'turn off my brain'. Really. And that is how he lives his life. Kind of hard to have a dialog, at this point, but it makes perfect sense to him, cuz he's a 'spiritual warrior'. Then there are those of us who, when they hear that little voice in their head, credit it to the continual interaction between the cerebrum and cerebellum, the two halves of every functioning brain. I know, I'm a hopeless heretic, but I'm just the product of a modern education. Sorry, fanatics....

Comments

Fam Guy said…
Most of the time I can ignore, and laugh at, the religious fanatics. But when I read a book, as I am now, that shows the very real damage that they inflict on others, I get all fired up with indignation for the innocents who suffer, when the fanatics take control.
Fam Guy said…
'All religious belief is a function of non-rational "faith" and is impervious to intellectual arguement or academic criticism', and 'the line between religion and superstition is indistinct'. The difference being, if it's YOUR religion, or someone else's.

Hey, it makes perfect sense, to them, and you better damn well not disagree if you want 'em to keep communicating.
Fam Guy said…
The original authors of the Good Book, foresaw a problem, when people looked at the stories and said, 'Hey, this can't be real.' Fortunately, for them and their followers, they had an answer.
As the Scriptures say,in Corinthians, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent."

Problem solved.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?