Can't think of anyone I know,

who hasn't read " The Hunger Games", but I imagine they're out there. Gotta say the movie is true to the book and they do a great job of recreating a future world where The Capitol controls all 12 Districts, and forces them to contribute a boy and girl to fight to the death, in the ultimate reality show, for the pleasure of privileged citizens. Won't go political, but it is a compelling book, that translates well to the big screen, with a fantastic cast. The biggest (non-sequel) opening in the history of films, which says a lot. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed, other than the FOX crowd who calls it 'anti-government'. Gotta admit, if FOX hates it, I like it even better. Good flick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

It’s good to know Captain Bonespurs little Excursion is going well, and we can expect gas and diesel prices to come down, soon.