Exactly one year ago,


we (Ted and Kari and Carol and I) were waiting, at Carraba's, near Vista Hospital, to hear when my granddaughter would officially come into this world. I think we were on our 2nd bottle of Chianti, after an excellent dinner, when we finally got the news. She's here and everyone's doing well, (as could be expected after a C-section). Great news, that I will never forget. Here we are, one year later, that has gone SO fast, but I wasn't the one changing diapers and losing sleep. We celebrate her b-day on Saturday, then they all come here on Sunday, for the 4th. Since she probably doesn't read my blog, I can say, without ruining the surprise, that I got her a sandbox (plastic turtle) with sand and a bucket w/scoop. Am looking forward to my next smile and hug from her. What a beautiful little sweetheart, and Nate and Laura are such great parents. I gotta say I sure like being a grampa. Yup, life is good...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Too bad she's just not a happy baby, and smiling and laughing every time we see her. Great picture and post!
-hb-

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?