that really showed how fast time flies. Argo is about the hostage crisis in Iran, 33 years ago, and has a bit of history at the the beginning, that most of us have forgotten, as in WHY the Iranian people were SO pissed off at Americans. In 1953, the popularly elected president of Iran was replaced by the Shah of Iran, in a coup directed and financed by the CIA and the US, to protect America's Big Oil interests, much the same way Saddam Hussein was installed in Iraq. The shah, like Hussein, was a despot who tyrannized the people and looted the treasury. When he was overthrown, in a populist revolution, he fled to the US, but the Iranians wanted to put him on trial. Hence, the Iranian mobs took out their anger on the US embassy and it's workers. Argo, based on a true story, tells how Hollywood helped smuggle six Americans back home, with a fake movie. Good flick that explained a lot about why 'they hate us' over there, and brought back many memori...
Comments
To find corruption in the Democratic side of the Congress, after the Speaker of the House, herself said honesty would prevail, again I am angered and disappointed. BUT, we as citizens must hold our government accountable. I send e-mail to my district Congressman/woman.
[F]or the big whiners out there: this is my blog, which I do for free. I welcome a lively discussion, and don’t edit out hostile comments if they’re brief and free of obscenities. But if you want a soapbox for interminable rants, I have no obligation to provide it; go start your own blog, and find your own readers.
Jim, you've got some good thoughts, but for the most part you just want to bitch about the Dems and give the Repubs a free pass. I'm tired of it, so your last several rants are gone.