I really enjoy being retired,


but it's even sweeter at a time like this. I began reading 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' a couple of days ago, (thanks, Laura), and have gotten totally wrapped up in it. It starts out kinda slow, cuz it takes place in Sweden, and has lots of references to the country and culture. Took a while to get into it, even though I am Swedish (duh, Olson). I have watched the best-seller lists for months and watched it move up to #1, so, naturally I was looking forward to reading it. Am about 2/3 finished, and am at the point where it is very hard to put it down, Hence, I am glad to be able to have the time to do what I want. Seems like I am on vacation, except for the ocean view. Will let you know how it goes, but at this point I am really enjoying how the author, Stieg Larsson, spins a tale. Good authors are hard to find, and it's good to know he has at least 2 more books out there. Bye for now, gotta finish preparing dinner (marinated chicken shish kebob and veggies) then get back to my book.

Comments

Fam Guy said…
Finished the book yesterday, and, although it IS good, was kinda disappointed in the long, drawn out ending, after he had built the plot, so well. A good book, worth reading, but Larsson doen't go to my 'top author's list' just yet. Am gonna start another of his, "The Girl Who played with Fire", this weekend.
Anonymous said…
Don and I watched the the Swedish version of this movie and it was good! But I think books are always better! Don is starting to read the series now!
I have really enjoyed the first two! Can't wait to see what the US does with the movies!
Very sad that a good author is no longer with us!
I toast to Steig where ever you are! Good work buddy!
Cyndi

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?