Was just watching CBS News Sunday Morning, and they made a statement, most people have never been in a fistfight.

Oh really....
I’ve been in LOTS of fistfights, starting in grade school, (Lexington, NE was a tough place to grow up), where I learned you had to stand up, or you were a wuss, and I didn’t wanna be a wuss.
Had to fight several times in high school, mostly upperclassmen, who were bullies/jerks, and then again in Texas (rednecks), as a carpenter in Colorado, after work, which got me a job as ‘Security’, with Feyline concerts, where I had several fights, cuz it was my job. But I always had good back up. Cops and big guys who were my buddies. Thanks Otho, LC and Gary.....
I was NEVER beaten, (though there were a few ties),  and had very few blows landed, and they never really hurt me. Good reflexes, long arms and athletic ability kept me relatively unharmed and gave me a bit of an attitude.
Plus knowing how to ‘pick my battles’, which means not being stupid about when/where to fight.
Not bragging (well maybe a little) but it taught me not to ‘take any crap’ and that’s carried over into my political views.
Am not gonna take any shit, esp from a jackasshole  like Donald Trump, who I would LOVE to meet in a dark alley.
Enough, but that’s who I am and how I feel, from the time Kim Simmons tried to take my baseball glove in fifth grade.
Ain’t gonna happen.

Comments

Ranny said…
Kim Simmons sounds like a girls name...did she beat you up
Fam Guy said…
Kim was year older and had bad case of short man’s disease. My first ever fight and we became friends after it. Remember the fight at The Frigate?

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?