Wow, I thought I could shame MAGA morons, by pointing out Boss Hogg’s blatant Revenge Tour, where he denies FEMA funds to disaster victims, withholds food from the hungry and clean water from the thirsty…HA! I didn’t realize the jerks are probably LOVIN’it!

 For at least the last decade, a florid, aggressive contempt has been a constant in our politics. Donald Trump, after all, doesn’t just shower liberal cities and states with insults (and, in a demented A.I. video he posted, with excrement). 

His presidency has been devoted to punishing the places that didn’t vote for him, including by withholding health care and disaster funding. One of the things his voters have long loved about him is the humiliation and despair he causes their fellow citizens.

Hadn’t really thought of it that way…but now I see it. He’s just becoming MORE popular, with each cruel, outrageous denial, that causes more suffering for the powerless.

I’d forgotten just WHO we’re dealing with….

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Not sure why,

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?