Had my first day,


volunteering at Birds of Prey, today. Met some other volunteers, or rather people doing 'community service', as part of a DUI sentence, and they were kinda surprised I was there, when I didn't HAVE to be. Changed light bulbs, fixed storm doors, got locksets to lock, got a section of radiant hot water heat to actually work, and made lists of material I'll need for next time. Couldn't get on any roofs, cause of snow, but met some more people, played with the cats and saw some hawks who were just admitted. Such a beautiful setting, at the base of the mountains. Think I'm gonna like it and they're gonna appreciate what I can do. We'll see.

Comments

ladyj said…
How I envy you, Boy Wonder! This is going to one for the old memory book, eh? Are you able to take any photos while on the property to share with us poor folk?
Fam Guy said…
No. That's one of the things I agree to. At first I didn't understand, but, I guess some of these raptors, (bald eagles, falcons, etc.) are very valuable, and if people knew they were there, it might be a problem. STILL, I might smuggle out some pix. We'll see...
ladyj said…
What a thrill it must be to be among these mighty birds. I just love watching the geese fly overhead. To view an Eagle nearby....my heart would stop!
Anonymous said…
So, they don't allow anyone to come in photograph the birds? Can anyone come and visit?
Fam Guy said…
No visitors. As they told me, when I first went to visit, 'this is a hospital, not a zoo', and if you're that interested, then volunteer, so I did.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?