As I watch

the NCAA Tourney, I think back to my own b-ball playing days, and how I learned that life isn't always fair, and how 'political', it can be. When we played smaller towns, away, (Lexington, Holdrege, etc), it was obvious for their 'homer' refs, that if they fouled out the big guy, from the big town, they would have a better chance of winning. I learned a very valuable lesson, early in life, that the 'powers that be' cheat and lie. It hurt, at the time, BUT, was good to learn, early in life. Don't expect honor and fairness in life. Deal with reality. Glad I learned it when I was young. Some things never change...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know if I have ever thought of Kearney as a big town, but I guess they do have the arch now
Fam Guy said…
Compared to the smaller ones around it, it is THE big town, outside of Lincoln, Omaha, that is.

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?