If you know me,

you know I'm not racist, BUT, if I were.... This morning two guys from the Salvation Army came to pick up a nice, clean sofa sleeper that we had donated. It would have already been up the stairs if the new couch we ordered for the basement had gotten here on time. However, it was still at the bottom of the basement stairs, tilted on edge, with the handrails and pictures removed from the stairway, and it was an easy fit. I told them I was sorry it wasn't already upstairs, explained why and offered to pay them cash if they'd help me carry it up. One guy (who happened to be white), was all for it and went to grab the heavy end. The other guy (who happened to be black, and in charge) wasn't going for it at all and made a BUNCH of excuses, all countered by me or his partner. Bottom line, they left without picking it up, and said to call them back when it was in the driveway, where their lift could reach it. Would have made a racist proud....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?