I offer this letter, in today’s Denver Post, as PROOF, that they(R) just don’t get it. And the saddest part, Molly is a teacher , who should know better.

She, and her Repub henchmen don’t understand that you’re BORN gay, like you are born Latina or transgender. It’s not a CHOICE, like looking at facts, (or choosing to believe the crap from Bullshit Mountain), and then deciding on wearing the label (R).
Molly’s letter is a perfect glimpse into the ‘brain?’ of rightwingnut.
Maybe Mary DIDN’T have a choice. Maybe she was dropped on her head, as a child.....

Scorned for being a Republican
Many public school teachers feel their voices are oppressed and therefore attend rallies, like the recently canceled Educator Day of Action, to voice their opinions. Their liberal opinions are widely accepted and celebrated in the public school system.
As a proud public school teacher and proud Republican, I would experience a very different reaction if I publicly voiced my conservative views in the same way my peers do. I, unfortunately, do not have the same permission to make my voice heard. My voice is oppressed, and sadly, I know that if I were to speak up, I would likely lose friends at work. I sit in meetings where I hear phrases like “idiot Trump” and “stupid Republicans” thrown around under the assumption that everyone holds similar views.
A core value of so many of my liberal colleagues is to accept all people, regardless of their label. They denounce the judgment of others on the basis of race, sexual orientation, etc. Isn’t it ironic that these peers of mine who condemn this type of bigotry would judge me if they knew I bore the label “Republican”? It’s just a label. Just like “gay,” “Latina” and “gender-fluid” are just labels. The label does not change the person underneath. It does not change someone’s heart, character or integrity. A friendship dissolved over a simple label — a label that makes me different, a label they cannot accept — isn’t that the very hatred liberals stand against?
Hypocrisy at its finest.
Molly Valentine, Parker

Well, Molly, you’re out of the closet now, and good luck with relating to your ‘friends’ in education, most of whom can’t stand idiots like you, for good reason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?