Learned something, today

Had planned to do my annual 'green chili' batch today, and finally found a place that had some chilis even though it was late in the season. Was planning on getting a half bushel, but when I saw the size decided a on a whole one. Got all the other ingredients, incl pork roast, chicken broth, refried beans, onions, tomatoes, etc and couldn't wait to get started as the smell of the freshly roasted chilis filled my vehicle. Once I started peeling them, I noticed something was wrong. The skin was real hard to get off and once I did, there was nothing left. Good chilis have about a 1/4" of 'meat' in them. The meat was about as thick as the skin on these and I finally gave up when I saw I was getting more waste than chili. I called 'em up, at Garden Country, where I got 'em, and explained my problem. They totally understood and said they'd return my money. Next year, I'll get 'em early when they are fat and juicy, so I don't waste half a day like I did today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?