Looked out the (glass) door,

yesterday, and saw a HUGE hawk screaming toward our deck, about 3 feet off the ground, with it's claws extended. I freaked out, cuz I thought Bailey was outside, and I ran out the door and scared the hawk who was heading toward 2 doves at our bird feeder. I'm sure I shocked them all, and Bailey, who'd been asleep indoors came running out the door to see what was going on. The hawk, a redtail w/about a 4 ft wingspan, was big enufff to have her for a snack. NOW, I check all the trees before I let her outside. Have a different view toward hawks these days, since I helped rehab them at Birds of Prey.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wait a neat thing to see, probably enjoy it better if you aren't afraid for your kitty's life though....
-hb-

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?