Quick update,

on the old gall bladder. Met w/surgeon yesterday, (expensive, already), and got his price $1200, and anesthetist, $1500. Am still working w/operating room, which is WAY expensive for one hour, but want to get all the ducks in a row if I need some fast action. In the meantime, got a scrip from the doc that will stop the gall bladder contractions, if I have another episode, AND I have the anti-nausea pills (very expensive), which should quickly empty my stomach at the same time. These, along with a Percocet, the DR said, should get me through any attack. Plan to always have a set of those pills in my billfold, one set in Carol's purse and one set beside my bed. At this point, I plan to line everything up, if I need emergency surgery, BUT, will try to go the 'med' route, if/when I have another attack. That's the plan...

Comments

ladyj said…
Could you have come up with a more revolting photo? The shape???? The contents, puzzling to say the least. I had no idea a penis contained those items. That certainly isn't the shape of a gallbladder.
Fam Guy said…
Well,it was labeled as a gall bladder, and looks like all the other pix of gall bladders I've seen. The 'contents' are known as gall stones, and that is precisely my problem. Sorry about your penis fixation.
ladyj said…
looks like no gallbladder I've ever seen, photo or surgical. Your's looks like a carved piece of bread that's been scooped out and filled with marshmellows and sliced black olives.
An actual gallbladder looks something like a deflated balloon, with just a smigon of air in it, undisected, of course.
Fam Guy said…
You got me... It's a picture of a curved piece of bread, that I filled with marshmallows, sliced black olives and rocks from the driveway. Can't fool you...
ladyj said…
Way?

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?