Since I finished,

the 5th book in the 'Fire and Ice' series, I needed some more reading material, for my Kindle, SO, I perused Amazon,com, for some downloads. A really nice feature, is 'Sample', where they send you, instantaneously, a sample of the book you're interested in, at no charge. THEN, if you like it, you can 'click' on the book, and it's instantaneously downloaded and charged to the cred card assoc w/your account. Amazing, as I picked up 3 new books, today, without leaving my recliner. I can see why Borders has gone out of business. Sad, cuz I love the printed word, but they are dinosaurs, in todays' digital world.  BTW, you can also download newspapers and magazines, as well as games. etc. Really nice, when going on a long trip, and don't wanna carry a bunch of heavy books, but want a nice variety of reading material, AND, gift cards make nice gifts. Am starting to sound like a salesman, but that's OK....

Comments

ladyj said…
I leaning towards that Kindle process. I have given more books to the library than I can count and have a stack next to the television that needs to go, however since the library has cut back on its hours due to the budget in Toledo, I never know when to go now. This seems the way to go now. It would fit better in my handbag, too, and you wouldn't need a bookmark, either, would you?
Fam Guy said…
nope, a;ways goes back to where you left off
Anonymous said…
You need to check out the Sookie Books. They are just plain fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?