Just finished a project,

that turned out to be a bit more than I thought it would be, but aren't they all? Every time we ran out of propane, when dinner was about half done, I swore that I was gonna run natural gas to the grill, so we'd never have to worry about it, again. SO, I finally got all the measurements for the gas lines, including 5, 90 degree turns, had the pipe cut and threaded, bought all the fittings and started taking the deck apart. I'd forgotten what physical labor was all about, but it all came back to me, as I drilled holes and wrenched the fittings together. But, after I got the line to the grill, hooking it up was a bit of a problem. Drilled out the venturis to 5/64", from 3/64", got all the brass adaptor fittings and fired it up. It SORTA worked, but the flame was way too small. Finally figured out that the LP gas regulator was slowing the gas flow, and, after researching my problem/project on-line, found out I could just remove it. VOILA! Now I know what the saying 'Now we're cooking with gas' really means. PS. The guys at Home Depot, in the BBQ grill dept were absolutely worthless, wanting to sell me a conversion kit that had NONE of the parts I actually needed, but worked with Jim in the Plumbing Dept, and got it all figured out. Yahoo. (The propane tank in the background is the LAST one I'll ever buy).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?