Father’s Day, a good time to think about my dad.

 Lee was a great dad, and I didn’t enjoy him enough while he was here, although I had a really good chance to say ‘the long good bye’, cuz the doc gave us a pretty good timeline as to how much time he had.

He passed a little earlier than expected, however, and I was in Edinburg, Scotland on his last day. Will never forget the feeling of total loss, but he had a good ‘passing’ as he went peacefully, after having the chance to feel all the love from all his friends and family in his last days.

We should all be so lucky...

Bottom line, I loved/love him and miss him, esp on days like this. 

He had an amazing life, growing with nearly nothing, as per money, etc, the son of Swedish immigrants who barely spoke English, with his father disabled early on and a family of seven kids in a small Nebraska town. A great athlete who went off to war, but was stationed in Hawaii for the duration.

Could go on, but suffice it to say, I only wish I was such a good person, deep down, as my dad, who gave his all, during good times and bad, for his wife and children, and whose genes course through my body this day and forever.

Love you Lee, and thinking about you, today and always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?