Wow, I wonder WHY? I sure hope he can get some Dems to join in….

 

Republican launches impeachment effort against Pete Hegseth over Iran war

WASHINGTON – A Republican congressman introduced articles of impeachment on Sept. 15 against Pentagon chief Pete Hegseth over the Iran war, potentially causing a political headache for GOP leaders in Congress two months before the midterms.

Kentucky Rep. Thomas Massie, a noted political foe of President Donald Trump, and exceptionally intelligent for a Republican, launched the longshot effort to remove Hegseth with a speech on the House floor. He accused Hegseth, a former Fox News host, of betraying his oath of office and abusing his powers as a military leader.

Primarily, he accused Hegseth of violating the Constitution by continuing to oversee military operations in the Iran war without congressional approval. 


Hegseth replied, “Wow, this could drive me to drink, or rather, keep drinking, although I promised (wink, wink), to stop.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Saw a good movie yesterday,

Michelle Bachmann probably has 'double the IQ",