As I watch the Olympics opening coverage,

I see ancient castles that were built around 800 AD, which is the time period I have been reading about in the last dozen or so books I have read. On one side I have read about the Vikings who were trying to conquer the area, AND have read about the locals who tried to survive and prosper in the feudal world, where the dif between rich and poor was even greater than today. A truly exciting part of history, where ship building, armor and bows and arrows meant the dif between life and death. Now though, am reading about the plains Indians, as they fought to save their culture from the oncoming tide of white men. Some things never change...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?