Some thoughts,

after we just returned from a family reunion, where we celebrated my dad's 90th b-day. I am part of an amazing family and really enjoyed reconnecting with sibs and their families. I'm just sorry that we live so far apart and I haven't been able to be closer, esp to my neices and nephews.  Kearney, Nebr, is a pretty good little town, and is doing very well, thank you, during this economic downturn. Seeing the drought, up close, as we traveled through corn country, was really sad. Irrigated corn, is doing fine, though it is costing a BUNCH, to keep the water flowing. The rest of the corn crop is pretty much worthless, as it is stunted, dry and brown. Although they have typical age-related problems, my folks are doing well, as they still live in their house, and are very much in love, as they depend on each other.  Was quite a weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a good looking crew!
Hb

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?