Just returned

from Nebraska, and a week with my siblings and other friends/relatives, after my mother died unexpectedly, less than a month after my father died. Overall, it was an amazing experience, and although it was tough emotionally, for everyone involved, nearly everyone agreed it was 'for the best', as we learned that Dorothy had been confiding to friends that she 'wanted to be taken'. Will get back with more details, but for now, is just nice to be back home after a surreal month that included a trip to Europe, the death of my father, floods of 'Biblical proportions' in our area, followed by the death of my beloved mother, some amazing family time and the realization that there IS a God and an afterlife. Not gonna worry about details like a 'literal Bible' or any of the thorny issues of religion. At this point I just know that I feel an inner peace, because WAY too much happened, in the last week or so, for it not be part of an amazing plan that showed the presence of a spiritual world that I had previously denied. Hopefully I can maintain my newfound peace of mind and keep my eyes on the prize' as I proceed on 'my journey', a phrase that mom used to describe her remarkable life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?