My former buddy and I used to talk


about 'rocking chair moments', and we had more than our share of them. Those fantastic times that you can only hope to remember, in the twilight of your life, as you sit in a rocking chair and try to recall the 'highlights' of the last 80 years....
That fantastic sunrise over the mountain range with the elk herd in the valley, the sunset over the pristine Canadian lake before the Northern Lights kicked in, with the echos over the bay..... or that perfect day on a ski slope with champagne powder, blue sky and tunes on the I-pod as you schuss through perfect snow.
The highlights that you HOPE to remember....
Well, I had one tonight.
Visited my perfect grandson, listening to good music, with some 12 yr-old McAllan and a THICK filet mignon, with my beautiful wife and daughter.
True rocking chair moment that I tried to deeply imprint in this old brain. Yup, will try to recall, along with those outrageous outdoor times, as I rock in my chair and wait for my evening meal, hoping to get my diaper changed soon....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?