During my many years on this planet, I’ve had a few ‘morning afters’, where I’ve thought ‘why did I do that’, and the thoughts were almost always accompanied by a hangover.

Well, it’s another ‘morning after’, and I have the ‘why did I do that’ feeling, but at least I don’t have the yucky hangover.
The WHY comes after a party, with a LOT of old friends, in honor of a very special old friend who has been fighting the Big C, and although she seems to be doing well, (all things considered), the numbers and prognosis aren’t good. SO, we all got together, several flying in from all over the country, and had sort of a farewell party.
We started pretty well, with masks and some social distancing, but before it was over I, with many others, totally blew nearly all my precautions and safe practices. There was close contact, a buffet, self serve drink bar, and maybe worst of all, an elimination tournament of Corn Hole, which my partner Steve and I won, SO that means we touched the boards and pouches of LOTS of players.
Looking back, it all started pretty innocently, but as I saw and spoke to more friends, had more beers and the party punch, it just sorta devolved, a little at a time, to a point where the pandemic was just a minor afterthought.
Until I lay in bed thinking, last night and this morning, about the whole, stupid evening.
What was I thinking? Why was I NOT thinking?
Now I have several days of thinking, and worrying.
There was no one symptomatic, that I could tell, but who knows where, and with whom, some of the guests had been.
Gotta just get it out of my head... Nothing I can do now......
Easier said than done....
What an idiot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?