Over the MANY years of my life, have had some athletic injuries, and some stupid injuries,

 But this one qualifies as a stupid, (semi) athletic injury.

Quit theWas golfing with the Old Farts crew yesterday and a buddy fired off a ‘frustration putt’ after he missed his first putt pretty badly. His ball was going past the hole, with a lot of speed, so I blocked it with my foot, to save him a trip across the green.

I didn’t notice that the ball rolled a bit in front of me, and stepped on it, rolling my ankle. I heard it ‘crunch’ as fell to the green, landing flat on my back. Another buddy looked up just to see me hit, and thought I’d had a heart attack.

Bottom line, it immediately swelled up like a balloon and I hobbled through the last few holes until I could get an ‘emergency’ beer and an ice bag at the clubhouse. Today, it’s still swollen and is starting to get some nice purple color.

Can’t even remember my last sprained ankle, but quit playing adult basketball leagues cuz of them. Had forgotten how much they hurt and how bad they slow you down.

Who da thunk, a golf injury? Tough game....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?