Depending on where you get your info, agnostic has different meanings, but I think this one pretty well nails it, for me.

 Approximately 1 in 3 U.S. adults are religiously unaffiliated according to a Pew Research study, either identifying as an atheist, agnostic or “nothing in particular.” 

For Kimberly Stover, a support group leader with Recovering from Religion, agnosticism means being “curious (and) open-minded while using logic and being rational.”

“I saw mythology, I saw stories, folklore being passed on through writings and oral tradition, I didn’t see a holy sacred, literal truth anymore,” Stover says. 

As for myself, I have definitely experienced a higher power, or God, in my life, but have been severely disappointed in many so-called Christians who claim to have all the answers, in this totally unknowable universe, while supporting Donald Trump, the most unGodlike, closest iteration of an anti-Christ that is imaginable.

That being said, some of the best people I have ever met have been and are Christians, although I don’t believe you need to be a Christian to be a good person.

I personally believe that understanding an all powerful God is beyond the human mind, and I’m fine with that.

All I can do is use the brain I have, beg for forgiveness, let love rule my life and keep an open mind toward a higher power and his, or her use for me.

As for those who force their beliefs on others, I hope there’s an afterlife reckoning for them…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?