According to my Kindle,

where pages aren't numbered, I'm 36% finished with 'The Help'. Had heard good things, but it took a little while to get into it, because of the style of writing, as in how a 'colored' maid would speak, in the early sixties, in the deep South. BUT, once I became accustomed to the style, I was hooked. It is told with several 'points of view', by the help, and those they work for. A look into a world that is totally foreign to me, growing up in a mid-sized town in Nebraska. It's one of those books that I want to take my time with, and savor. Hard to believe it is the first work of a young author, and it was turned down 60 times by various publishers. I just hope it stays as interesting all the way to the end. I've found it's always easier to start writing a book than it is to finish it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Yahoo…Dotard’s Big Beautiful Diesel Deal pissed off Ukraine and most of the world, plus well over half of Congress and the US, BUT, it helped his buddy Putin and his partners in Big Oil, sooo, we can see where the dick’s priorities are.