Just returned,

from a memorable but hectic 3 weeks. After 11 days in the UK, had a one day layover in flood ravaged Colorado, before heading out to Nebr for my father's funeral. Was a great family bonding time and I realized what a fantastic, though far-flung, family we have. Was as good as a funeral can be, as it finished up on a wind blown Nebr hillside cemetary, with a color guard firing a 21 gun salute. Had planned to leave on Friday, but all the other kids had left and it was hard to leave mom alone. Finally, on Sunday, after hearing her sister Ruby was coming over, I was able to hit the road, only to crash hard last night. After a good sleep I'm ready to start checking things off the HUGE list I have. At the top was filling the hot tub and fixing the leak in the roof, whcih I had forgotten about until we had rain last night. After not much precip around here all summer, that's all it does now. The Green Day song, 'Wake Me up, When September Ends', will never be the same. Gotta run, but will post some vacation/funeral stuff when I get some time, and energy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?