I knew I liked Willie Nelson,

but I didn't realize how well I liked him until I started his book, which I am about halfway through. Willie explains how he went through a spiritual awakening about the same time he gave up alcohol and cigarettes, in favor of pot. He moved from the redneck part of Texas to Austin, which is described by Gov Rick Perry as 'a blueberry in a bowl of tomato soup', and began actively crusading against the war in Viet Nam, (and later Iraq). Willie's a 'good ol boy' who's written hundreds of songs (many of them 'classics'), traveled millions of miles (On the Road Again) and has assimilated the divide between cowboy and hippie, red and blue stater. He's not the world's best singer or picker, but the words and music flow him, as he claims he just channels it' and he melds 'real life' with a greater power. All in all, a pretty unique individual, with a good message of peace, hope and positive thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?