I can't explain it, so I won't even try

I recently bought a commercial grade french fry cutter, primarily to use for apples, with the new 'press', the kids bought to make hard apple cider. BUT, it also works real well to make french fries, Nothing better than fresh cut fries...
SO, cuz we are trying to watch calories, we baked the fresh cut potatoes, after coating them with a teaspoon of oil. They were good, but not quite french fries. SO, I carefully measured 6 oz of oil, and used it to actually 'french fry' the fresh cut potatoes. After frying two, large Russet potatoes, I carefully measured the remaining oil. Exactly 6 oz.
I can't explain it, BUT it is real. AND the fries were FANTASTIC!, with Seasoned Salt and Garlic Powder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?