Finally, when we travel,

it's gonna be different, when we go through Heathrow, or other international ports of call. When that passport inspector sees I'm from the U.S., he can give me a grin, as he congratulates me on our new president. No more telling my kids, as I did when they traveled, "Sew a Canadian flag on your backpack, so you don't take a chance on being labeled as a Bush supporter." I gotta admit though, as we traveled, most foreigners gave a us a pass, and realized he, and the religious right, had hijacked our government, and hoped, as I did, that it was temporary. Now, as Garrison Keillor says, is not a time for gloating, but for congratulating ourselves on correcting a terrible national wrong. Let's just hope the hole that Bush left us in, isn't TOO deep, to crawl out of...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?