Elk camp, 2008



Note, there is no snow, (but this picture was taken early in the trip). We got our favorite campsite, all to ourselves, beside a lovely stream (great sleep sounds), in a camp with southern exposure. Five days of hiking and hunting, eating and drinking, thinking and talking, with my best buddies. 'Twas so nice to get away from the stress of Houston/work to just chill out in the Rockies. After 37 years in a row, will be a sad day when I can't make the trip, so am enjoying it 'to the max' while I can. The best part? Spending time with, and enjoying the company of, my son, who turned out to be a pretty good kid, if I do say so myself..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?