Just got back

from pleading 'not guilty, your honor', to driving 45 in a 25 MPH Construction Zone. Was headed north on Sheridan Blvd, north of 144th, where it winds thru the country, and the speed limit is 45. Was driving 45 and came upon a Construction Zone-25 MPH- Fines Doubled, sign. There were a few orange cones, NO construction vehicles or workers, and a Police vehicle. Instead of hitting the brakes, as I maybe should have done, I decided to gradually slow down, as there was obviously no work going on. Next thing I know, flashing lights behind me and I have a ticket for 45 in a 25. I continued on my way, getting some seats for Matt's Bronco, fuming about the speed trap, and decided to get a picture for my defense. By the time I got back, ready to take a picture with my phone, there was no cop, no cones, and obviously no sonstruction. Seems the cop was sitting on a productive speed trap, after the workers had left, and before the cones were picked up. Unfair, I say, and will have a chance for a jury to hear my side. At least make the fine/points fair. The prosecuter offered to knock it down from 6 to 4 points, but no promises about the 'double fine', SO I decided to fight it. We'll see how smart that turns out to be, cause now, I hear, they are going for max points and max fine. Let's hope I get a sympathetic jury..

Comments

Anonymous said…
Give 'em hell........you're braver than I!

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?