I recorded the ACM Award Show,

the Academy of Country Music, and watched (most of) it last night. There was definitely SOME good music, and I was a bit surprised how 'hard rock' some of the music has gotten, with some good kick ass guitar solos, and the lights, special effects and sound were amazing. 'Stadium rock' has come a long way since my concert-working days. But, I was even more surprised as the show was kind of a cross between a 'come to Jesus' tent revival and an NRA-sponsored 4th of July parade. After watching, I can see how Mike Huckabee is appealing to his base with his 'God, Guns, Grits and Gravy', book and campaign. I knew there was a bit of a divide between 'country' and mainstream, but the ACM show really highlighted it, OR, maybe it's just a different part of 'mainstream', that I'm not familiar with, living here in Colorado.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?