As we watch the PBS special on Natl Parks, by Ken Burns,

before we go to Yellowstone, I realize John Muir is one of my favorite all-time people. A purist who just loved the out of doors. The son of a preacher who claimed to love 'what God has made', more than God.
The best part of my life has been spent outdoors, enjoying innumerable sights and experiences that most people never see or have the chance to enjoy. From Nebraska fields, lakes and rivers, to the Colorado high country and Canadian wilderness, I have experienced many lifetime's worth of scenic amazement. I can't count the number of times I have gazed in awe-struck wonder at nature's miraculous scenes. True, it was usually in the pursuit of fish and game, but I always ate what I pursued, as it should be, not killing just for sport, and if that's what it took to get me outside, to the most beautiful places on earth, then so be it.
Bottom line, fish and game live in the most beautiful places, and because of that I have seen sights and experienced adventures, hundreds of times, that most could never even imagine.
I thank my father and my genes, for opening a world that most never see. To me, this is where I enjoyed God's creation, not in a church on Sunday morning, where Jesus is considered the 'one and only' path to the eternal. Sorry, but that doesn't work for me, as I've seen what His ambassadors do, in His name while denying what is natural to man.
Nothing new here, but I LOVE nature, and have seen WAY more than my share of natural beauty, which makes me who I am. Works for me...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?