If you are a regular reader of the Denver Post


you are familiar with Greg Dobbs, a local rightwing conservative, SO, you'd be surprised, like I was, as he 'came out' for legal cannabis, today.
So the cat’s out of the bag. Or you’d think so anyway. But last Thursday the president’s spokesman, Sean Spicer, declared the Trump administration will try to stuff it back in, announcing that since marijuana is still illegal under federal law, “I do believe you will see greater enforcement of it.”
Four years ago I’d have said hallelujah. I voted against legalization. From what I’d seen over the years, supported by some studies, for the vast majority of users marijuana might be just a stress reducer, a relaxant, even an effective sleep aid, but for some it is a stepping stone to harder drugs.
But my side lost. And in retrospect, that’s fine.
The bottom line? If I knew then what I know now, in 2012 I would have voted to legalize. Which brings us back to the federal government.  Trump will have a fight on his hands if he, and President Donald Trump, try to go against the people’s will.

Not that it will matter to the rightwingnuts, with their heads deeply and firmly implanted, but, to those of us with a brain, this was YUUUGE.... Google it and read the entire article...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?