I'm a bit conflicted

as I see Bob Beauprez(R) enter the race for Colorado gov. Bob was my personal banker (literally), as he started Heritage Bank (the first of many) in Lafayette, at the same time I started building  many years ago. He trusted me and gave me a loan to build my first 'spec house, when other bankers wouldn't. We had a lot of meetings as he built his own house at the top of the hill (hole #17) at Indian Peaks Golf Course, where his family dairy farm used to be. I definitely like Bob,  and helped him in his first political campaign, BUT he turned REALLY right wing when he was a Colorado congressman, kissing GWBush butt, before he lost BIG TIME when he ran for gov last time. He says he's learned a lot since that failed attempt. As I say, I have mixed feelings, cuz I know he's a great guy, but he needs to come a long way toward the middle, in our purple state. We'll see. I'm a registered Independent, and am totally open to the 'best candidate', NOT just voting straight party lines, like most people, SO, I may vote Repub, if Bob has 'evolved' like he claims he has. We'll see....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?