Had to get HBO

since we wanted to see 'Game of Thrones', which is NOT an adult version of musical chairs, no matter what FOX says. SO, we now have access to 'True Detective' (as well as Real Time, by Bill Maher, yahoo!). Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey do a fantastic job, for a couple of 'real life stoners'. Not sure how it's gonna end, but it sure takes me back to rural Louisiana, where I spent a bunch a time. A strange mix of heat, swamps, ignorance, Repub politics, religion, voodoo, French language with a southern accent, fantastic fried seafood, good people, and insects. I kinda miss it, but 'True Detective' takes me back, sorta like 'True Blood', as they were filmed near Houma, LA, where I rode out Hurrican Rita, (in a 'Tryler') while working Hurricane Katrina. Don't know how it's gonna end, but I like it so far. 'Tis fun just watching Woody and Matthew.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?