These old legs

are kinda hurtin' today, but nothing that a few Advil won't take care of. After 18 holes on Friday, concert/dance Friday night, and waiting in line for hours, then walking miles at the Colorado Cannabis Cup, I'm moving kinda slow today, but time to hide Easter eggs, as part the family together, so I'm up and at 'em. The CCC was interesting and kinda scary at the same time. I was expecting a BUNCH of people, but not THAT many, from all over the country. All ages, but mostly young, mostly male, but lots of ladies, all colors, but mostly white and all with one thing in common. Curiosity about the Brave New World in Colorado. Saw absolutely no problems, once they got the lines (and they were long and many) into some kinda of order. The 40,000 tickets sold out long ago and there were many hundred vendors' booths, exhibits and all sorts of growing supplies, pipes, vape-pens, concentrators, people sharing, clothing booths, political booths, free Cheetos and Goldfish and other food and drink, (yup, beer), walking 'sample giver's, LOTS of music, lounges to sit and relax and the most interesting 'people watching' I've had for years, after I found a large comfortable bean-bag chair next to a busy walking intersection, beside some great techno-rock speakers. Found out I was in demand as an 'expert' roller and got my pic taken while 'helping out'. Would have been better, but I forgot my phone at home, with a last minute flurry of taking a camp chair, rain gear (it started raining right at 4:20, really), etc. SO, without a phone, no pictures or calls and I had to stay close to Denny, so I had a ride home. My overall thoughts were, it's nice that it's legal so you don't have to worry about going to jail for something so natural, BUT, I have problems with: The weed these days is SO potent, you don't need to concentrate it into 'dabs', oils, shatter, etc. The people, esp younger ones, who aren't used to it are gonna get 'blown away' by the strength of it. And, I have a problem with the edibles, which they were handing out like candy, cuz they look just like regular candy, cookies, granola, etc, and you don't know the dosage, quality, and they take a long time to hit, tempting some to eat more. My worst problem was hoping the people that didn't take a limo, (many limos and buses), or ride with a friend, like me, didn't get behind the wheel and drive. Pot's like a lot of things, OK in moderation, but I don't see it as a mass 'party drug'. It's one thing to enjoy a toke at a concert, with friends or at home but alcohol seems much more social, in a crowd setting. Maybe I'm just geting old. Gotta run, and help get ready for kids and friends coming over for Easter dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?