It never gets any easier. No matter how many times we go through it.


Losing a pet is some of the worst grief anyone can go through.
Every time seems like the worst, and this is no different.
We lost the most beautiful, gentle, intelligent kitty, EVER, to a Great Horned Owl.
Maybe there’s a chance in a thousand that we’ll see her walk in, with her tail held high, but the fur in the yard and the neighbor telling us about the owl in their tree, when she disappeared, make it seem unlikely.
I don’t think I/we can cry any more, but I’m sure we will.
She was SO perfect, in SO many ways.
She went outside, at eight thirty in the morning, and we never saw her again.
It hurts SO much, cuz we loved her SO much.
Will get over it someday, maybe, but it’s gonna hurt for a LONG time.
BTW, am trying to do a mind trick, that whenever I think of her, and before the tears come, I picture her on my lap, saying, ‘Thank you for a wonderful  life’.
It kinda works, some times....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?