One of the strangest (cruelest?) things to happen while I try to deal with the loss of the ‘soul’ of our house, Bailey, who was taken by a Great Horned Owl (would I shoot it if I could?) is my eyes seeing something ‘out of the corner’, and thinking it’s Bailey, for a tenth of a second.

Then I realize she’s gone, and it hurts all over again.
BUT, as per killing the owl that killed her, I go back and forth. Part of me says I can’t blame an owl for being an owl. Obvious.....
BUT, if I can help another cat (or small dog) owner from going through what we are, I’d shoot it right between the eyes.... maybe. Not really, but I feel like I should, but would feel terrible when I saw the body.
Bottom line, it’s nature being nature, no matter how much it hurts. Logical thinking is part of being rational, my main trait, but REVENGE is part of being human, although I’d never shoot an owl, no matter how much I’d like to.
Grief makes you crazy, depressed and vengeful and I am a prime example.
Hopefully time will heal, BUT, how much time?
I’m still raw......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?