Because I was a Disaster Insurance Adjuster for may years, when I wasn’t building custom homes, and worked MANY hurricanes, from Andrew, through Katrina and Ike, I’ve watched a lot of hurricanes come on shore, safely on TV radar.

 And I’ve never seen an eye stay so intact, so far inland. Eight hours after landfall, it still has a tight round center, and is still a Cat 3, with sustained winds of 125 and gusts to 160. And, it’s slowing down, moving at only ten MPH.

Wow, that’s gonna cause some damage. Kinda miss the excitement of being a storm chaser, but I sure don’t miss the hassle and hard work, with no electricity, lodging, gasoline or grocery stores.for the first week or so.

Ida passed within five miles of Houma, where I lived after Katrina. Lotta good folks gonna take a lotta damage…..Too bad the hospitals are already full of COVID patients who listened to FOXLies, instead of doctors and scientists.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?