I just realized something that makes me proud, and ashamed, at the same time.

A while back I decided that I needed a new swim suit, SO I got one that fit me pretty well, and I liked, that was mainly dark blue, with some white, and a bit of red in the background.
When I saw it in the mirror I saw how it could be perceived on the beaches of Mexico and in Europe.
Red, white and blue.
No way am I wearing it, with Dotard as prez.
So sad it has come to this, that I am ashamed of my country’s colors, but I am, esp after Viet Nam, Iraq and now Fat Donny.
Not a chance I’m wearing the red, white and blue as I vacation overseas, cuz I know what I’d think if I saw some redneck/yahoo(R?) sporting those colors.
REALLY sad, but so real, as there is No Way I wanna take the chance of being associated with the Liar in Chief, or the Repubs that made our country a pariah in the world.
Hopefully it will change some day, but while I’m alive, and traveling, ain’t gonna take a chance on being labeled an ‘Ugly American’, cuz of the Pubs, who make those of us with a functioning brain so ashamed to be part of the Red, White and Blue.
Some things never change, as I grew up with my govt trying to send me to Viet Nam, during my formative years, and I said, screw you...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest columnist

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?