As the market tanks, AGAIN,

I see the talking heads try to explain it, and the main culprit is contagion, from China, plus a plunging oil market, which should EVENTUALLY help the market, but hurting it at this time. The Chinese market is run by the Communist party, who doesn't have a clue, but they are in charge of the largest country, with the most people, and they MAY be intentionally causing a swoon, to drop their currency, which will eventually benefit them, but I doubt it.
One of the things nobody mentions, but we've all known for a LONG time, is the fact that we Baby Boomers are aging, leaving the work force and not buying much, but becoming increasingly EXPENSIVE for society. OBVIOUS, but no one mentions it, and it's not gonna turn around, in my lifetime. Because of that, and many other reasons (risk aversion), I haven't BOT stocks for over two years, but haven't SLD enough either. All my investments in the last couple years have been bond related, precious metals and real estate, in several forms. That being said, the bond/metals haven't gone up, like they SHOULD in this situation, but at least they haven't gone down. I can't see the national economy doing well without being led by construction, and that's not happening, with the exception of Colorado and a couple other states.
We'll see, may be a stock buying opportunity soon, but not for me. I'm too old to gamble like that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?