Lying awake, unable to sleep last night,

I re-thought my Morgan Freeman, 'Story of God' post, where I agreed with Mr Freeman that God was 'an invention of the human mind', and realized that I didn't correctly put my thoughts into words. There MAY well be a God, but I think he/she would be totally incomprehensible to our tiny human brains, and what IS an invention is the way various 'holy men' have created religions to explain the unexplainable, in such ways as The Bible. It is a wonderful book, with lots of good ideas, like 'Love thy neighbor', and SOME historical facts, but when it tries to describe creation, astronomy, male/female/slave relationships, dietary rules, Heaven and Hell, etc, it goes way off the tracks and diminishes itself in easily provable errors. LOTS of them.
Bottom line, there MAY be a God, but man's attempt to describe him/her is pure conjecture, and the source of more harm than good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?