As we observe Veteran's Day

I realize something was stolen from me. I respect the WWII vets, as my dad and millions of others fought to save the world from evil. But I turned 18 during the Viet Nam War, where 58,00 Americans were killed, and hundreds of thousands wounded, for NOTHING, as the retreat from Saigon was humiliating, and an entire generation (mine) was alienated from 'the military', that tried to 'ship us off', to fight their stupid war. I thought our nation had learned a valuable lesson, then we got GW and his 'Oops No WMD's' fiasco, and the trillions wasted in Iraq,, not to mention the pain and suffering as the military still wastes our money, like it's 'endless'.
We're all a product of our past and our own experiences, and although I respect the vets of my dad's generation, Viet Nam and Iraq just leave a bad taste in my mouth, cuz there's a difference between DEFENSE and the Military-Industrial Complex ripping off the soldiers and taxpayers, for their own greed. Although MANY soldiers enlisted for good, patriotic reasons, others were forced into it, cuz it was a JOB, when they had none, even though wrecking the MidEast for the profits of a few really sucks. Until you travel, and listen to Europeans tell what they think of the US and the Iraq War, you don't realize how most of the world looks at us, as they get the refugees and see the damage from GW's Big Adventure.
Bottom line, I respect the vets, but can't stand the jerks(R) who sent them off to a 'worse than worthless' war, for their own profits.
PS Speaking of Vets/Military Rip-offs, the VA Hospital fiasco in Aurora that is WAY over budget and WAY behind schedule, gave the people in charge 'performance bonuses' today. Typical, but sickening, as we taxpayers get ripped off AGAIN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?