I like to cook, and usually do a good job, sometimes excellent, but not tonight.


I had some really nice cod fillets that I wanted to do with my special recipe, that included deep frying, which we hardly ever do, cuz you know...
My secret is to add some baking soda to the flour, and a little beer, that makes for a really nice crisp, light crust.
BUT, I made two YUUUGE mistakes.
I used baking powder instead of baking soda and instead of using a measuring spoon for a 1/4 tsp, I tried to dump in just a LITTLE, but a YUUGE chunk plopped in.
Instead of starting over, I just went ahead.
White powder is white powder, right?
WRONG!
Instead of a crispy light crust it was a grease sponge, that turned black and mushy.
Bottom line, ruined some really nice cod and made a greasy, mooshy mess that was (nearly) inedible.
Carol made herself a hamburger, and I should have.
BUT, I learned a valuable lesson, that I will probably forget, but not for a long while.
Recipes and measurements are there for a reason.
Yuck......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?