WOW! I gotta admit my ignorance,

as I haven't understood/enjoyed soccer, all these years. My kids tried to explain, but I never 'got it'. I didn't realize how a 0-0 tie, after 90 minutes could be exciting, BUT, after watching the US-Belgium game, learning the rules, and then seeing the German team win the World Cup, I can finally begin to appreciate the athleticism and excitement involved, as Goetze had the winning goal, while Schweinsteiger (which is German for 'punching bag') got the crap beat out of him (will have a famous scar) and there were a bunch of big plays. BUT, my fav was the German goalie (looks like cousin Dave) taking the guy out with an (accidental) flying hit to the head. Amazing game, under HUGE pressure as the best players in the world put on a 'clinic', and the goalie is a stud. It's a game I could never play, but it was sure fun to watch. YEA! Duetschland! You think there'll be many 'biers' downed in Germany tonight? I LOVE sports, esp when my team wins. Argentine shouldn't be ashamed, after a world class goal, but they are REALLY hurting, as there is a loser, for every winner.
PS. The winning team splits 35 million dollars and the winner's trophy (2nd best in the world, after the Stanley Cup) is 14 lbs of gold. I'm starting to understand why the 'world game' is soccer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great 'bargains' at the local Sprouts store

Guest columnist

You think the Repub brand is tarnished now?